Enjoy Sunday Dinner near Malton, Helmsley & Ampleforth.
Served between 12pm and 2pm, Sunday Lunch in Hovingham is an institution for many of our regular guests. They appreciate the friendly service and comfortable atmosphere created in both the Restaurant and the Cricketer's Bar.
Our location in the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which borders the North York Moors National Park is the idea rural spot for a 2 Rosette standard Sunday Lunch. We're very close to Castle Howard, so perfect if you want to stretch your legs afterwards.
Call to book on 01653 628234.
The Worsley Arms' Beef
We buy whole bodies of rare breed beef which are reared on local pastures by two trusted local suppliers. We then have them butchered to our own specifications once they have been aged sufficiently on the bone. This ageing allows the meat to mature and develop a richer flavour. Buying the whole beast also allows us to make our own beef stock from the bones trimmings which is reduced with Merlot wine to produce our beef jus.
SUNDAY LUNCH MENU
The Worsley breads are:
Organic wholemeal, multigrain, sunflower, pumpkin seed and spelt
White with Dales End Cheddar, 30 month parmesan, crispy onion, celery seed
- Handmade fresh Ravioli filled with York herb fed chicken, rare pecorino cheese with Italian black truffle, chicken veloute, grated summer truffle and oil
- Charantais melon, hand sliced 18 month Parma ham, sticky toffee fig, blood orange sorbet, Yellison's goats curd, herbs
- Roast Loch Fyne smoked salmon 2 ways, toasted sour dough, pickled cucumber, lemon repressed oil. Cucumber flowers, herbs
- Roast Loch Fyne smoked salmon avocado delice, cold water prawns, bloody Mary sorbet, celery seed meringue, and rapeseed
- Slow Roast Sutton Bank Rare Breed Rump of Beef, Worsley Arms Beef Dripping Potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and Merlot Beef Jus
- Hand made Worsley Arms rare breed pork, mustard and fresh coriander sausages heritage mashed potatoes, Merlot beef jus, caramelised red onions and balsamic
- York herb fed chicken supreme, 24 hour braised leg, Mr Little Yetholm Gypsy potato, fresh morel mushrooms, broad beans, Yorkshire peas, Wye Valley asparagus
- Sous vide chunky Whitby cod, Duke of York heritage potato, fresh shellfish, Loch Fyne roasted salmon, sea vegetables
- Handmade goats cheese and thyme Ravioli, girolle mushrooms, Jerusalem artichoke, basil puree, oil, 18 month parmesan, brioche, goats curd gratin (V)
- Fresh English berries set in Elderflower jelly, Madagascan vanilla seed, Champagne sorbet, raspberry dust, wild flower honey and honeycomb
- Aerated strawberry chocolate, champagne poached strawberries, crispy strawberry Italian meringue, fresh strawberries, wild strawberry coulis, honey cress
- New season Tomlinson's Yorkshire rhubarb, vanilla panna cotta, Worsley rhubarb gin, rhubarb and gin sorbet, puree, rhubarb and custard sherbet
- Raspberry meringue Pavlova, Madagascan vanilla seed, fresh raspberries, raspberry coulis, raspberry dust, cress
- Assiette of local ice creams and sorbets with Summer fruits
Artisan British Cheeses
Hand-picked by 'The Cheesemonger of the Year' - Please see our separate menu >>
£16.50 - Main Course
£21.50 - 2 Courses
£25.00 - 3 Courses
Freshly brewed coffee or tea with homemade marshmallow and pistachio & white port fudge, £3.50
Food Allergies & Intolerances
Before you order your food and drinks, please speak to our staff if you want to know about our ingredients.
If you don't wish to have our traditional Sunday lunch, then feel free to choose from our sandwiches listed below:
We offer a range of freshly prepared sandwiches on white or wholemeal bread:
- Large cold water prawns and Marie Rose sauce, York Ham or Roast beef, all £7.00 each.
- Mature grated cheddar and Branston pickle, £6.75
- Loch Fyne smoked salmon, £8.00
All sandwiches are served with picked spring leaves, Old English tomatoes, cucumber, Yorkshire salted crisps
A side of hand cut pont neuf chips, £3.50; Julienne fries, £3.50